The topic is: A heart-felt message about grounding.
I smiled at this message from Spirit, as it is not only for the readers, but also for me.
For the last couple of days, a shroud of darkness has slipped over me. My energy had grown low, not to the point of exhaustion, but it was headed in that direction. With exhaustion, I usually get headaches, mainly because I fight it. Who has time for a break? But, sometimes you just have to take one.
A few weeks back, I went through a long period of exhaustion. I was so tired that I couldn't bring myself to do anything at all, so I let go and let be. The cure at that time was lots of sleep and reading. I healed myself and raised my vibration without thinking much of it. I could have saved a lot of time if only I'd thought to do some grounding work.
The logical mind doesn't always lead you where you need to be. But, you can always count on Spirit.
Before I began writing the post, I did some grounding and some clearing. It worked; I feel better.
I want to share some grounding techniques to help you get in gear for the week ahead.
What is Grounding?
Grounding is the process of connecting with the physical and replenishing our energies. Any work with Spirit has a draining effect on our energy, because it takes energy to form the connection between the physical and spiritual sides of life.
The more you work with Spirit, the more likely you are to notice dips in your energy level. That is, if you don't practice some grounding techniques.
Here are a few techniques you can try:
- Breathing – This is my number one 'go to' because you can do it anywhere and anytime. Focus on your breathing, notice each inhale and exhale. Take a long deep breath in and slowly release it. Try this for about ten times.
- Drink Water – Dehydration seems to be a side effect to working with your psychic energy. This is one of the reasons you may find yourself tired after a tarot reading, or other spiritual workings.
- Eat Fruit or Vegetables – Eating natural, earthy foods work great for me, an instant energy booster.
- Hobbies – Anything you do for fun is great for grounding. The act of losing yourself, it centers you. Such things as: baking, gardening, walking, reading, or painting. Like I said, anything you do for fun.
- Take a Hot Shower – This is another of my favorites. Imagine the water is washing away all negative energies, and your skin is absorbing the positive energies of the water.
- Get In Touch With Nature – Step outside, walk barefoot in the grass, watch birds, hug a tree, do some gardening, or try a nature hike. The important thing with this technique is to BE in nature: watch, listen, smell and feel your surroundings.
- Meditation – This is always a good choice, but it takes practice for it to have a full effect. Daily Meditation is the best method. Start with short sessions and lengthen them as you grow more comfortable with the process.
- Grounding Objects – Crystals and Stones work great for this, but anything that brings you comfort will work, like a photo, snuggling in your grandmother’s afghan, or even petting your favorite kitty.
These are only a few grounding techniques. Feel free to share your own processes in the comments. I hope I've added at least one new thing to your toolbox of tricks.
Have a wonderful, grounded week.