Author: Cass and Janie Jackson
162 pages - Paperback Book
Hampton Roads Publishing Company
“There is nothing simple about astrology.”
The authors, Cass and Janie Jackson, take astrology and reduce it to a level anyone can understand.
Fun Fact: "The astrological signs that begin with Aries and continue through Pisces are known collectively as the signs of the zodiac. These names are derived from groups of stars that we know as constellations. Most of these constellations were thought to represent animals...hence the names: Aries, the ram, Taurus, the bull..., and so on. The Greeks called these constellations zodiakos kyklos - 'circles of animals' - which translates into the English word 'zodiac'. "
Is this the only book you’ll ever need, as stated on the cover?
If you want to learn about astrology, understand the zodiac and a few other related astrology topics, and learn to understand your birth chart, then yes this is the only book you’ll need.
If you want to explore beyond the basics, you’ll need to go further in your studies.
After a short introduction, the book covers:
• The Zodiac – includes a table of the signs, their corresponding animal or symbols and dates.
• The Signs of the Zodiac – the main characteristics for each Sun sign.
• Genders, Elements, and Qualities – explains these additional categories in relation to the signs.
• The Planets – explains their meanings and how they relate within your birth chart.
• Your Rising Sign – gives a brief explanation of finding your rising sign and each signs characteristics.
• Moon Signs – explains finding and interpreting your moon sign.
• Houses of the Zodiac – explains what each house represents.
• The Aspects – defines the different aspects and their relation to the planets.
• Chart Interpretation – gives steps to start your interpretation and touches upon predictive interpretation.
Overall, this book will make a nice addition to my bookshelf. I can't wait to sit down with my own birth chart and conduct my own interpretations.
Astrology Plain & Simple would be a good book for an astrology novice, or a quick guide for an advanced astrologer.
Grab your copy at Red Wheel Weiser.
(Review Product supplied by Red Wheel Weiser.)