Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tarot SWOT Analysis

Christy of Tarot Girl Next Door offers a wonderful spread for planning with the tarot in the form of the 'SWOT Analysis System'. Below is an image of the SWOT diagram and a sample reading.

SWOT Analysis

My objective of the reading is to view my options and opportunities in my writing world and tarot world. First, I have to say WOW! 4 Major Arcana cards in sequence 8, 9, 10, and 11.


Artwork © Jennifer Galasso, 2011
Crystal Visions Tarot

Strengths - energies working in my favor - 10 Wheel of Fortune (reversed)
Weaknesses - energies working against me - 8 Strength (reversed)
Opportunities - external energies working in my favor - 9 The Hermit
Threats - external energies working against me - 11 Justice

Wheel of Fortune reversed represents the feeling of no forward movement, a stalled position. My strength is my determination to succeed. No matter how much it feels like I'm walking through quicksand, I'll continue to push forward. The Hermit reveals the need to search within, a time for soul searching. As I look upon the card, I think of 'searching the horizon'. The opportunity for success is there, but the first steps are to decide upon the direction best for me.

Strength reversed signifies the lack of self-confidence, doubt and fear.  My weakness is my lack of confidence in my ability to succeed, a fear of the power found in the upright position of the Strength card.  Justice represents a need for balance, time needed to make the best decision. The threat is of not taking the time to balance the factors and making hasty decisions. 

The figure in The Hermit looks directly at the figure in Justice, but she is turned away, eyes closed. The Hermit waits for the decision to be decided upon. The figure in Strength looks upon the wheel, as if waiting for movement.

Overall - By overcoming my weakness (doubts and fear in my own abilities), I can put my strength (my determination to succeed) into forward motion. By taking the time to reflect internally, the threat of hasty decisions resolves into no threat at all.

Affirmation: I believe in my abilities to move forward and succeed. I will take the time to be patient and search my soul for direction.

No comments: