Monday, April 17, 2017

A Few of My Favorite Things Spread

A couple of weeks ago, Ellen of Greylady's Hearth shared this spread on her blog. She picked it up from Magpie Tarot. I felt it was a spread worth sharing further. And, feel free to continue the chain of sharing, or try the spread in private.

You need to separate the cards into piles: Wands, Cups, Swords, Pentacles, and Major Arcana. The fifth position is optional, but it does pull the spread together nicely. Shuffle each stack and pull a card for the following questions:

Wands: Where does my confidence shine?
Cups: What brings me joy?
Swords: Where do I feel wise?
Pentacles: What makes me feel safe & secure?
Major Arcana: Which underlying energy will make it all possible?

For an additional bonus: the Quintessential Card - Overall Theme of the Reading - You can visit an earlier post for a more detailed explanation on how to do this. Basically, you add the numerical values of the cards, reduce to a number between 1-22, and match the number with its Major Arcana Card.

My Results:


Wands: Where does my confidence shine? Queen of Wands - When I'm in control of my circumstances and aware of the next action which needs to be taken. Totally me. As long as I know what I'm doing, why and when, I can do just about anything I go after.

Cups: What brings me joy?  6 of Cups - Sharing knowledge and skills obtained in my past with others. Love this. When I write a story, my past is right there with me, between the lines, within the words. Not enough to be a biography, but enough to give it direction, a little spice.

Swords: Where do I feel wise? Knight of Swords - When I am active and committed to a concrete goal. If you can see it, you can be it. So, true. If you can put the flag post in the ground, all you have to do is work as hard as you can to reach it.

Pentacles: What makes me feel safe & secure? 3 of Pentacles - Using my skills, talent and knowledge to create, with the chance to share with others. True. There's no safer place to be than lost in your own creations, as long as you remember to come up for air every now and again.

I love how all four of these seem to sync with who I am and what I want to do with my life. It also gives me a needed push to get back on track. All I've ever wanted to do is write and share my creations, my novels and stories with others. So, I need to get committed and in control. :)

Now...
Major Arcana: Which underlying energy will make it all possible?  Justice - Balance, maintaining a proper balance and calmness in my commitments. Most of you are aware of my many interests. Between those and normal day to day obligations, I find it difficult to establish a good balance. Perhaps that should be my first goal: to establish a balance, create boundaries.

Bonus...
Quintessential Card - Overall Theme - Lovers - Choice - a life decision - deciding which path to follow. All of it comes down to picking the path I want to take. Where do I want to be in a year? Or, 5 to 10 years down the road? That is the question which needs answered, and then the goal will be clear and the balance will come.

Hope you all don't expect me to answer that here and now, lol. I have a vague idea, but it's not clear enough to narrow it down to a single goal. Guess I need to work on that.

Hope you enjoy the spread.


2 comments:

Ellen said...

I am glad you liked this spread. And how much you got out of it. And as always: Balance is everything!

Cher Green said...

Thanks, Ellen. Yes, if I ever find that balance, I will go much further. :)