One of the most important aspects of performing a reading is to have a connection, so what's wrong?
First, you should look at the cards.
- Is it a new deck? You may need more time with them before you feel the right connection. Or, the deck may not be for you. Using the right deck is important, and the choice of decks will vary from one reader to another. Decks are not equal. One reader will find one deck useful, while another may find no connection at all.
- Is it a deck you use often? The cards may need to be cleansed. The quickest way to do this is to move the cards through the smoke of burning incense.
Next, look at yourself. If you are stressed, the energies will corrupt your reading. There are many ways to improve your own energy, which in turn will improve your reading ability.
- Burn incense or candles.
- Use totems. (an object to better connect yourself with the situation of the reading)
- Use crystals. Placing crystals near you will absorb negativity. Different crystals specialize in different areas.
- Meditate. Take a few moments to free your mind and ground yourself.
- Relax. Take a walk. Read from your favorite book. Anything to give your mind a moments break.
- Make yourself comfortable. Your work area should suit you, whether it's a chair and desk, a bed, the floor, etc. Most readings take a while, the more comfortable you are, the less distraction.
- Remove the clutter. Is your area large enough for your spread? Having to move items around as you lay your cards out is a huge distraction.
Happy Tarot Reading!