Friday, August 27, 2010

Frogs


Candid frog by Leon Brooks

I know, "What do frogs have to do with the tarot?"

Some believe that animal spirits have messages for you. After repeatedly seeing a frog on my front porch, I began wondering what type of message the spirits were trying to give me.

I looked it up and found that according to www.animalspirits.com, the frog's wisdom includes a reminder of common bonds with all life, singer of songs that celebrate the most ancient watery beginnings, Transformation, Cleansing, Understanding emotions, and Rebirth.

My readings have been reflecting a transformation of sorts, a recovery over the past, and new cycles in life. I found it interested that the frog reflects these issues. I'm also delighted that this stage of my life is so important that the frog spirit felt the need to visit.

After reading, Paths, Smuggling and Missing Things on Arwen's blog, I became curious as to the appearance of frogs in the tarot.

Choosing the Mystic Dreamer Tarot, I set about searching for the frog. To my amazement, the first 5 cards I viewed contained the frog. Working my way through the deck, I was able to find a few more stragglers. Finding the first cards all together, I felt there must be a message stirring from the spirits.

Here are my findings:
The first five cards were 5 of Wands, 2 of Pentacles, 8 of Cups, 21 The World, and Knight of Wands.
A Statement that could be taken from these cards may be:

By facing the challenges presented, you shall find balance in your financial life and recognize the items that should be left behind. At this moment everything will be complete and you will find the focus you need for growth and creativity.
Interesting!
The straggler cards were 7 of Swords, 5 of Cups, Knight of Cups.

Could these cards offer advice on how to accomplish the above?

Don't sneak away from your responsibilities.
Accept your losses and move on.
Focus on love and understanding.

Well, all this is definitely something to think about and I can thank my visiting frog for bringing these cards to my attention.

2 comments:

Tarot By Arwen said...

I am sure I left a comment when you posted this. I really enjoyed your post on finding the frogs. :) Hop to it!

Cher Green said...

Mmm, I did have comments on this posting. Not sure where they went.