Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tarot Tuesday

My Pendulum © Cher Green

For today's post I will be using an amazing tarot spread created by Nancy Hendrickson. You can find her reading the tarot over at TarotExplorer.

To your left you will see a picture of my pendulum used during this spread.

Now, I introduce you to The Pendulum Spread.

How it works: The cards are shuffled in the usual manner while thinking of your question. They are then divided into two stacks, and then divided once more, giving you four stacks. You then hold your pendulum over each stack. The one that receives the largest response will be your first stack. This movement may be major or minor, but one will get a larger response than the others.

You will read the cards starting with your first stack and then going from right to left. So your first stack will provide you with your first card, then the one to the left will provide your second card and so on.

Don't move your stacks just yet. There's more.

With your cards placed next to each stack, turn over each stack revealing the bottom card. These cards will reveal the deeper level of each position.

The positions: 1. Core of question/focus, 2. key/root of situation, 3. challenge, 4. actions to deal with situation, 5-8 corresponds with these positions but with a deeper level.

That's it!

To make this reading easier to read, I have moved the cards into their positions, rather than leaving them as is. My pendulum chose the third stack, so my first card came from the third stack, my second from the second stack and so on.

Deck: Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti
Spread: The Pendulum Spread
Question: What is going on in my life?


Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti
Surface Positions:

Six of Swords - This card represents moving forward, leaving the past behind. The waters have calmed around you. Stress and anxiety are a thing of the past.

  • Focus- My focus in life at this moment is on keeping the past behind me and staying focused on the future.

Six of Pentacles (reversed) - In the upright position this card represents getting financial help or giving it. In the reversed position, it represents the lack of financial support. Financial struggles.

  • Key- I fear financial losses and of becoming overburdened. This fear keeps me connected to my past.

Four of Cups - This card represents boredom and withdrawal. A fresh cup is offered, while a mouse sniffs around your cups sitting close by. It is important to stay focused and resist temptations that my lead you astray.

  • Challenge - I may find myself bored with life because everything is going so well, but I should pay close attention for someone may be trying to steal my happiness.

Ten of Cups - This card represents happiness and family. You have reached a completion stage where everything is good. This is a card of emotional sharing.

  • Actions to deal with situation - I should enjoy life and recognize the happiness and joy that presently surrounds me.

Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti
Deeper Level Positions:

The Tower (reversed) - In the upright position the energy of this card is sudden change. This may be devastating, but can be rebuilt. In the reversed position, the change has already occurred and you are in the process of rebuilding.

  • Focus - My focus is on rebuilding the foundation of my life.

Three of Pentacles (reversed) - In the upright position this card represents earning recognition for your skills. In the reversed position, it signifies the need to learn more and work harder to earn recognition.

  • Key - I have a deep need to be recognized for my skills, but I will need to work harder and hone my skill.

0 The Fool (reversed) - In the upright position the energy of this card is innocence and jumping into life with no fear. In the reversed position, it shows fear of the unknown and of the jump itself.

  • Challenge - I must overcome my fears and take a leap of faith.

1 The Magician - The energies of this card are of having the tools and abilities to achieve your goals.

  • Actions to deal with situation - I need to take my skills and abilities and set about achieving my goals.

Quintessential Card - the spirit of the reading - 10 Wheel of Fortune - The energies of this card are changes for the better, fate, and a new phase.

I am entering a new phase in life which will bring about changes for the better.

Reading Overview- On the surface, I am moving forward in life, but the fear of becoming financially unstable holds me to my past. I must stay focused on now and enjoy this moment of happiness and joy. On a deeper level, I am rebuilding my life's foundation, but need to put more effort into my goals. I need to free myself of fear and take a leap of faith. I possess the skills and ability to accomplish what I wish, but I must take that first step.

On both levels, you can see the movements of a new phase in life. Both show a recovering process, and movement forward. Enjoying life and stepping toward my goals in life.

I found this spread amazing!

No comments: