Friday, September 24, 2010

Interview with Asandra (Artist, Writer, Channel)

Asandra
I'd like you to meet Asandra. I've come to know her through the Examiner. She's a great woman with many talents.

Asandra, would you like to tell us a little about yourself?

I am an Artist as well as a full trance Channel. I have been channeling for 27 years and have an international clientele. My paintings have been exhibited extensively and are in the collection of the Marriot and Renaissance Hotel chains as well as the Omni Orlando. I was featured in the book, Miami Contemporary Artists, Schiffer Publishing 2007, and will be having a solo exhibit and book-signing event at Rodezart Gallery in Miami, Florida, November 2011.

Can you tell us a little about what it is to channel spirits?

A channel is someone who acts as a conduit for spirit to speak through. More specifically, the entities that I primarily channel are called, Master Guides. A Master guide is a disembodied entity, or spirit, that has evolved in their awareness usually through living many lifetimes. They have the ability to see who we really are as soul-beings. In other words, it is like they have a bird’s eye view of who we have been in previous incarnations as well as where we are headed in this one. Although they are not all knowing (and do not proclaim to be), they have a profound overview of our souls’ development and can guide us with an immense amount of clarity.

This is not the same as going to a psychic who may make a series of predictions. A lot the information relayed from our guides involves teachings and guidance. They do not simply tell us what will happen in the future; they relay wisdom based on the overview they have of us. Ultimately, it is always up to us to make our own free-will decisions based upon our individual level of clarity. The path is always a cooperative, pro-active one.

Specifically, I am a trance channel. What that means is that I go into a deep, altered state (or trance) when I channel for a client. I act like a sieve, lending my body to the spirit guides so they can speak through me. When the channeling session is over, I will not recall what they said to the client.

Is this something one can do on their own or do they need guidance from someone of your profession?

Everyone can contact his or her spirit guides directly without the help of a medium. The book I wrote, Contact Your Spirit Guides, has comprehensive instruction on how to do this and offers many methods. Although speaking to ones’ guides through a channel can be an extremely uplifting experience, I would never encourage dependency on an outside source.

What steered you toward becoming a professional channeler?

I did not consciously choose to become a channel. In fact, I had a prestigious job as an Art Director for an art magazine in New York City prior to doing this work. There was a longing within, however, to give back to the world in some meaningful way. I began to pray for something that would satisfy this deep, soul desire. Through a series of synchronous circumstances, I was directed to the work that I have been doing full time for the past 27 years.

What can we gain from contacting our Spirit Guides?

It is immeasurable what we can gain from contacting our spirit guides. We all have a higher path to walk, the one of our greater destiny. Our guides know this and are able to guide us with remarkable clarity and insight. The first time I went to see a channel, one of my Master guides spoke to me (through the channel). It was as though they were the literal voice of my soul. How could they possibly know me so well other than that there was validity to their existence?

You have a new book coming out Spring 2011. Can you tell us a little about this?

My book, Contact Your Spirit Guides (Schiffer Publishing), is a comprehensive instruction manual that also includes numerous channeled essays that chronicle the soul’s journey toward awakening. Spirit guided me as well to design an oracle that is incorporated as a perforated section of the book. The Spirit Guidance Cards are a set of 24 simply designed images and suggested interpretations using a layout of four cards. It is a fun method that individuals can use to work with their guides.

How would one get in contact with you to receive your guidance?

They can email me at info@theguidedpath.net, or visit my websites, theguidedpath.net and Asandra.com.

You also have an upcoming channeling class. Can you share some information on the event, location, and how to sign up?

I will be giving a class in how to contact your spirit guides in Asheville, North Carolina at the Sacred Embodiment Center, 31 Carolina Lane. For more information and sign up, go to: http://theguidedpath.net/news_&_events.htm

Other classes are in process of being planned in other cities, as well as through paltalk.

Asandra, it was great having you here for this interview. Best of luck with your life path.

BIO:

Asandra is an Artist, Writer, and Channel. She attended Parsons School of Design in New York City, and was an Art Director at Art & Auction magazine.

For the past 27 years, Asandra has worked professionally as a full-trance Channel, and has an international clientele. She channels Master Spirit Teachers exclusively with a focus on assisting individuals in the fulfillment of their souls' highest journey.

Asandra has contributed to the books, More Hot Chocolate for the Mystical Soul by Ariell Ford (Plume), and South Beach Architectural Photographs (Schiffer). Her artwork is featured in the book, Miami Contemporary Artists (Schiffer).

She is the Spiritual Guidance Examiner for Examiner.com National. Asandra’s book, Contact your Spirit Guides, and Spirit Guidance Cards©, will be available, Spring 2011, from Schiffer Publishing. You can learn more about Asandra by visiting online at Asandra.com and Theguidedpath.net.

No comments: