Thursday, February 7, 2013

21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card - Step 21 - The Possible Self


21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card
Mary K. Greer
In step twenty-one of our journey, we explore the tarot through the possible self.

It is time to turn the qualities and characteristics that you most admire in your card into affirmations describing you already being that desired self. You will also design and carry out a simple task that expresses these qualities.

Activity 21:1 - Take your chosen card and describe qualities you see in the card you most want to develop. Expand on one or two of your words. Change all negative statements to positive - removing "no," "not," and other forms of negativity. Write, revise, and edit your affirmation. Write it in first person present tense and be short and precise.

Using Your Affirmation

  • Say it out loud, three times a day for twenty-one days.
  • Print your affirmation on a card and keep it with you throughout the day.
  • Apply your affirmation. Notice in life where this is true and acknowledge the alignment with the situation.


Artwork © Jennifer Galasso, 2011
Qualities - strong, determined, prepared, stable

Affirmation - I am strong. I can withstand any storm, because I am prepared. I will succeed in my tasks, because I am determined.

Rewrite - I am prepared to withstand any storm for I am strong and determined to succeed.



We've reached the end of our journey through the 21 Ways to Read the Tarot. There is much more to explore within the pages of Mary K. Greer's book and much more detail to each step. You can grab a copy of the book for a deeper understanding and further explorations of 21 Ways to Read the Tarot. Available in Print and Kindle.

Thank you all for joining me for this journey.

No comments: