Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11 - The Day We Joined Together

Ten years ago, the United States joined together as we lost our loved ones to a great tragedy.

Where were you when the moment of silence fell across the states?

At that time, I worked in a clothing factory in Tennessee. I don't remember who told us about the events, but as the word spread from one end of the building to the other, silence engulfed us all.

I didn't lose anyone in this tragic event, yet when I heard the news tears filled my eyes and I believe my heart stopped beating for a split moment. Tragic news such as this affects us as a whole. It is during times as such, we join together through a spiritual connection, whether we realize it or not. We are of one in this great big world and one day that togetherness will span more than a few minutes, hours, or days.

As we face a day ten years after the fact, please take a moment of silence to send prayers out to all those in need, all around the world.

Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning) by Alan Jackson



Have a blessed day!

No comments: