Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tarot Combinations - 3 Empress and 2 High Priestess

Tarot Combinations are useful in both gaining a stronger relationship with the tarot and learning the meanings.

Instead of posting a review of the Deck of Heroes Tarot, which is available here, I decided to feature the deck in a Tarot Combination post. Note this deck is high on the romance theme.

3 Empress / 2 High Priestess
Deck of Heroes Tarot

Using Image Combinations - The Empress, served by her servants, enjoys a relaxing moment. The blue waterfall represents her calm state. The green represents a moment of growth and the red flowers show the abundance of her emotions. The High Priestess, embraced by her lover, stands barefooted, absorbing the earth's energies. The view behind her represents her power to absorb these energies. There are battling forces within this combination, yet they also complement one another. Both are of receiving rather than giving. I'm thinking a moment of mediation is represented within this combo, from life and spirit.


  • Take a moment to relax and absorb the energies of life and spirit.

Using Meanings: Empress: motherhood, growth, nurturing; High Priestess: unblocked intuition, listening to inner voice.


  • Growth through connecting with one's higher self.

Using numerical values: 3 - creation and growth, 2 - Balance and reflections


  • Growth and creation brought about through balance and reflections.

What do you see in this tarot combination?

6 comments:

Tarot By Arwen said...

I see this pair as both sides of womanhood. The nurturing, warm woman and the cold, calculating woman as well. The HPS withholds secrets and makes you work for them while the Empress offers so much in her generous nature. Mother Nature blowing hot and cold.

Cher Green said...

Nice take on these. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I actually pulled these two cards in a reading for how a potential mate feels about me and I'm still quite confused. Is he viewing me as the perfect balance or somewhat aloof? I can't figure it out.

Cher Green said...

Eva, first let me say, when reading for yourself, your own connection with the cards have a big influence, and also your intention for the cards. You say you pulled two cards, but did you give each a position, what was your intention for each? And then, sometimes the deck can be another influence of the final results.

The best way to clear away the confusion, in my opinion is to clarify your own process of thinking.

For instance, let's say, 'I' asked the cards, "How does he feel about me?" Then, I decide that I will pull two cards - The first card will be the main answer to the question, the second will give a little more insight.

So then I pull the Empress - He feels nurturing toward me, he want's to take care of me and my needs. (You must always remember to reflect the question onto the cards. If you ask how HE feels, the cards are showing him (Unless, your intention is to see an image of what he sees.)

Then I pull the High Priestess - He KNOWS how to take care of me and my needs. :) I glanced at the images and suddenly I thought (The man really want to pamper me and he has the skills to do so.)

Anyway, CONTEXT is key to reading the cards. Hope this helps a little.

Unknown said...

Thank you! I'm new to this and that explanation makes total sense to me. I was making it more complex than it needed to be.

Cher Green said...

You're welcome. I'm glad it made sense. I always seem to over complicate new things too. It's just the initial excitement of learning something. You'll get to the point where you wonder why it had been so difficult, as you begin to read with ease. At least, that was my experience. Good luck in your Tarot Journey.