Monday, July 23, 2012

The Artist's Way meets the Tarot - Week One


the Artist's Way
Julia Cameron
Week One - Recovering a Sense of Safety
As artists, many of us experience negativity when it comes to being creative. You can't make a living doing that! My answer to that, and yours should be too - Watch me! :)

This first week is about recovering a sense of safety, feeling free to express our creativity without fear.

Tarot Dude presents us with two questions, in which we are to pull two cards to discover the answers.



What has kept me in the shadows?


5 of Swords
Rider-Waite



5 of Swords - a desire to avoid facing the challenges presented by others' doubts and discouragements. A need to succeed, gain faith in my own ability, before stepping forward and saying here I am and this is what I do.







What first step can I take to move back into the light?

10 of Cups
Rider-Waite



10 of Cups - form an accepting family within a community who understands the nature and need of my gifts. Share with others who can understand what it means to be a writer/tarot reader. After confidence is built you can slowly build your family of support.





Overview: In a way, I've stepped into the light, but there are those who wish to push me back into the shadows, and from time to time I step back. I'm in the process of forming such a family, but in the writing world, people come and go, probably because others are pushing them into the darkness.

My two blogs, Footsteps of a Writer and Tarot Guidance, were a huge step outside of the shadows. I thank all of you who have supported me and have become a part of my growing family of support.

More on this week's journey -

Core Negative Beliefs - using affirmations to repair
Who Are Your Monsters - tasks to help identify your monsters - past/present

More to come as we continue our Spiritual Journey to Higher Creativity.

No comments: