Thursday, July 5, 2012

21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card by Mary K. Greer

So, you bought a deck of tarot cards, which came with its own personal white book. You've studied your cards, got a handle on the meanings, and maybe even extended your collection of tarot cards and tarot books.

Now, are you ready to really get in touch with your cards?

Over the next several weeks, I plan to go through Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card and go deeper into the world of tarot. I've owned this book for many years, read through it, and use some of the methods in my own readings, BUT I've never taken the time to select one card and follow through the 21 steps suggested by Mary K. Greer. This should be an interesting journey.

Mary K. Greer's book begins with an introduction, which is available in Amazon's preview feature. The next section is 'How to Use This Book', which includes the goals of the book - to expand the ways you obtain information from a card, to deepen personal insights, and to evolve an individualized reading style or technique. Among other things, a Tarot Journal is suggested, which I highly recommend for anyone exploring the tarot. You may choose to add to your current Tarot Journal, if you already have one.

There are also two levels of exploration in the book: Apprentice and Adept. The apprentice level puts you into action, with an overview or quick look at the messages in the card. And, as you guessed, the Adept takes you deeper. Through this journey, we will stick to the Apprentice level, at least for now.

I'd love to have you follow along in my journey. I would love it even more if you care to join me. Obviously, you will get much more from this journey if you own a copy of the book. Grab a print copy, or kindle copy and meet me here next week to tag along. Don't forget your tarot cards!


No comments: