|21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card|
Mary K. Greer
"A range, when seen as a spectrum, emphasizes the energy of the card."
We will explore the extent, where you are, where you want to be, how to move between levels, and how to move freely within the spectrum of the meanings of the card.
For example: The Sun: Benefit - Success, Liability - Egotism or Three of Swords: Benefit - Emotional release, Liability - Sorrow.
Activity 11:1 - Name some benefits and liabilities for the following cards.
- Nine of Pentacles: Benefit - Self-sufficient, Liability - Alone
- Page of Swords: Benefit - Reaching for the stars, Liability - Daydreamer
- The Chariot: Benefit - making progress, choosing direction, Liability - stalled by indecision
Activity 11:2 - Working with your chosen card:
- Decide upon your range. Hold your arm in front of you, bent at the elbow, like the indicator on the meter. Swing from left to right, saying aloud your range.
- Continue this process until you 'feel' where you are at this moment in the arc. Now imagine all possible meanings. Where are you?
- Move your arm to where you want to be on the spectrum of possibilities. What could move you there? What aspect of the card do you need to align with? Is there an image in the card that could help you? How?
|Artwork © Jennifer Galasso, 2011|
Two of Wands: Benefit - Taking a moment of pause can give better insight (problem solving), Liability - Avoiding the situation does not solve the issue (unsolved issue.)
Where are you? I fall near the quarter of a tank mark. :) So empty is the benefit, problem solving. I've moved away from the unsolved issue, moved pass the moment of avoidance (3/4 of a tank), moved passed not understanding the issue (1/2 tank), and have entered the decision making stage (1/4 of a tank), which should lead to the problem solved.
Where do I want to be? Problem solved. What could move me there? Let down the swords and allow the sun to illuminate the issue further.
If you haven’t already, grab a copy of the book for a deeper understanding of 21 Ways to Read the Tarot. Available in Print and Kindle.