Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Connecting with your Cards

The Mystic Dreamer Tarot
artwork by Heidi Darras. © 2008
One method of becoming a better tarot reader is to form a connection with your cards. By understanding what each card can relate to in your life, a broader awareness of the card is formed.

My goal at this particular time was to find a card that best represented my goal in my current situation. I found many cards that related but weren't just right.

For instance, the 3 of Pentacles is a card of receive recognition for your work. Which is a wonderful card to represent my writing, but I'm not there yet.

My goal at this point is to make writing a daily habit. I have accomplished quite a bit over the year, but not as much as I had hoped. The reason for this is I found myself not writing for weeks at a time. If we were to approach our daily jobs this way, well we would all be homeless. So my goal is to make writing my second job - to be more resilient and make more progress toward my goal of being a published novelist.

So, I have chosen the 8 of Wands. This is a card of rapid movement. The woman here is ready to plunge forward. The wands point in the direction she must go, forward. Her face is an expression of readiness. She's about to make that first step toward her goal.

What is your most current goal? What card best represents that goal?

2 comments:

Inner Whispers said...

Hmm, I have two essays with a deadline in about a month, and another three in about five months. So, gotta knuckle down and work (rather than writing more blog posts, duh!). Eight of Pentacles for me, I think ;-D

Anonymous said...

Good choice! Good luck on your essays.