Once a year, there comes a day of celebration for things that go bump in the night.
Children parade through neighborhoods disguised in various costumes and collect candy in large orange bags. Adults become witches, nurses and chainsaw wielding psychopaths. For many this is a day of fun, surprise, and delight. However, a few will stir havoc through pranks and fear.
Porches display carved pumpkins, spider webs, and lounging skeletons. Parties supply delightful treats - fingers floating in punch, bleeding chocolate cakes, and a trough of floating apples.
On the other side of the celebration, many myths and/or truths rise up on this day. The veil separating the living from the dead becomes thin. Evil walks upon the earth. Spells and rituals gain extra power.
Halloween is a day many individuals seek out fear and anticipate the rush provided by innocent danger - haunted houses and mazes, joyrides and such.
|Trick or Treat|
1) The Costume - the situation
2) The Trick - the unexpected
3) The Treat - the opportunity
4) The Sidewalk - the journey
5) The Doorway - the outcome
A Sample Reading (featuring Tarot of the Night by Richard ShadowFox)
1) The Costume - the situation - 2 of Cups is all about relationships and partnerships. Although the main emphasis is on romantic unions, it may also show platonic partnerships.
The current situation is one of harmony and union. You may be in a loving relationship, an emotionally charged partnership, or a faithful friendship.
2) The Trick - the unexpected - 3 of Wands is about looking into the future, having expectations due to past preparations.
The unexpected is how well the above relationship is going. You see a future here, you have high expectations, dreams you never expected to wish for.
3) The Treat - the opportunity - 2 of Wands is about preparations, planning and progression.
You have an opportunity here to go further, to capitalize on the dream that's already in progress.
4) The Sidewalk - the journey - Ace of Wands represents new actions, growth, and creation.
Your passion set this journey into motion and it is your passion which will keep you on course to greater heights and deeper love.
5) The Doorway - the outcome - 10 of Swords brings to mind, "It's all over, I give up," but the thing about Swords is there's a mental game involved. It's usually not as bad as you THINK it is.
The outcome is undesired, not at all what you expected or wanted. This doesn't always mean a bad outcome. It may only be different than what you'd planned on.
Notice the two 2's signifying balance of emotions (cups) and creativity (wands), and the abundance of Wands igniting passion and action within the spread.
Overview - An important message here is simple. The journey is so much more important than the destination, the outcome. Things are always changing. You may not reach the exact location or result you had in mind, but you still moved forward, you still challenged yourself and you accomplished something. Now it's time to ignite your passion, make more plans, and move forward. Keep striving for your dreams.
Hope you all have a Happy Halloween!