Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tarot Tuesday



In last week's Tarot Tuesday, the 3 of Swords, 'the recovery card' appeared. This week's question is based on that card.

Deck: The Rider Tarot Deck
Spread: 3-card, no designated positions
Question: What do I need to recover from?

Numerical Overview of Reading - This is found by adding the numerical values of the cards and reducing to corresponding numbers of the Major Arcana - 3 The Empress - This is known as the mother card. She represents nourishment and abundance.

13 Death - The energies of this card are transformation and rebirth. It can indicate the end of one phase and the beginning of a new phase.

9 of Wands (reversed) - In the upright position, this card represents taking a stand, and speaking up for oneself. Reversed, it indicates one not doing so, shying away from confrontation.

8 of Pentacles - This card represents learning a new trade, using your skills, or enjoying your work.

Reading Overview: The appearance of the Death card indicates to me that I am already in the recovery stage which is to be a major transformation. Concerning my work and life, there is a need to stand up for myself, and to share who I am and what I'm about. The Empress tells me that this is a fruitful time and also speaks of sharing feelings, and caring for others.

Question: What do I need to recover from? I need to step out of the shadows, and become myself. I need to recover from being pushed into the corners and told to hush. My past relationship was the garden in which this tongue-tied spirit was born. It is time to speak up.

No comments: