Sunday, February 28, 2010

When NOT to do a reading

Have you ever rushed home crying from an argument with your boyfriend to consult your cards on the situation? Tears wetting each card as you lay it out in a spread, only to find yourself looking at cards that make no sense to you at all. Desperate, you gather the cards and try again, and again.

When a person is upset and confused over a situation, it is not the best time to do a reading. The questioner's energies will transfer to the cards, resulting in either a false reading or a confusing reading. Your emotions can also cloud your mind, making it hard to understand what is trying to be revealed.

The best thing to do in this situation is to avoid attempting a reading at all. Do something to take your mind off the situation. Anything you enjoy will do, read, watch television, listen to music, whatever it takes to ground you and bring you back to yourself.

After you feel more relaxed and focused, then you may ask the cards for direction.

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

That's very interesting. I can play my flute or write when I'm upset either. Talking to friends seems to help me calm down.

Anonymous said...

Cleaning is my big thing when I'm upset. Once I've did a few tasks, reading a good book usually finishes off the process and I'm back to functioning like a normal human again, lol.